J: Coming Out.


“I cannot .. cannot .. do this, Papa,” I say, trying to muster up courage. Stacked next to me are flyers of the upcoming Nazi convention, the Swastika symbol on each a glaring omen.

Papa looks at me hard, his eyes boring holes into my skin. His unflinching gaze makes me feel unbelievably small. And I shudder involuntarily.

“I fell in love,” I murmur as softly as I can. “With Hanukkah. Hebrew. And … Moses.”

I see the Luger too late. The silent night is interrupted only by the echo of a gunshot. Just one. Then it is quiet again.

Imagine a love so strong that it transcends not just traditions and religions, but borders, generations of hatred, and a whole belief system that one has been raised with. Judeophilia refers to extreme love for the Jewish, in which one might go against their own religions/culture and start adapting those of Judaism.

Pic Credit: The Journal
This post is written as part of a 100 word microfiction series for the A2Z Blogging Challenge.
Read other posts in the A2Z 2018 Blogging Challenge here.
For the complete works of A2Z 2016 Blogging Challenge, click here

Comments

  1. Nice...well ritan...kep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad! Religious fanaticism rises above blood relations even in todays times. Well written. Judeophilia..thanks for one more pearl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. And we see this happening all around. People kill for religion. Thanks Sonali!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! If you'd rather not sign in, please do leave your initials in the comment! I might enjoy a guessing game! :)