O: A Slimy Affair!


“Quick! Hide the ring in there. And run,” I whisper, as we work on pranking Gaurav. I keep watch as she locates Gaurav’s bag. And then I gasp. Was it my imagination or did I sense movement in his bag?

“Mm … Prachi, it moved.”
“What moved?”
“The bag ... something in there.”
“Shut up. Don’t psyche me out.”

I watch as she zips it open. I try to warn her but I cannot find my voice. My heart stops beating. And then I hear her blood curdling scream as more than four snakes slither out of Gaurav’s gym bag.

Ophidiophilia refers to the irregular adoration or amazement for or with snakes; it’s a subset of zoophilia – attraction to animals in general. Greek culture has historic records of several ophidiophiles from centuries ago.

Pic Credit: Teezilly
This post is written as part of a 100 word microfiction series for the A2Z Blogging Challenge.
Read other posts in the A2Z 2018 Blogging Challenge here.
For the complete works of A2Z 2016 Blogging Challenge, click here

Comments

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! If you'd rather not sign in, please do leave your initials in the comment! I might enjoy a guessing game! :)