E: The Eager Beaver


“Anu, I worked all weekend,” Vik remarks. Anu simply rolls her eyes.
“It’s true!” I say.
“I am not an idiot. Out with the truth!” Anu retorts.

“Fine, we did start with work. But we took a break for dinner. And .. drinks .. and well it became 6 AM.” Vik explains.
“See? Telling the truth is easy,” she says, walking off.

I am dumb-struck.

“What did I tell you? She won’t believe the truth that I worked all weekend but she’ll believe some lame story! You owe me 500 bucks!” Vik says chuckling at the easy win he’d bet.

Ergophilia refers to the love for work (or exercise). Having passion for one’s work is different than being obsessed with work to an extent that one ends up spending every waking moment working.

Pic Credit: Think Positive 30
This post is written as part of a 100 word microfiction series for the A2Z Blogging Challenge.
Read other posts in the A2Z 2018 Blogging Challenge here.
For the complete works of A2Z 2016 Blogging Challenge, click here

Comments

  1. Hmm....Most Indian IT employees have that I suppose ha ha ....but then all the wise men advise you to love what you do rather than looking for doing what you love right ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true! But I wonder if it's actually love for work or other factors like (my boss works late so .. or free AC ..or not wanting to go home .. blah blah) that makes them do that! And oh yes, advice is always free! :)

      Delete
  2. I am waiting for the next letter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's out! And I hope it reminds you of some of G's antics :)

      Delete
  3. Now i know the correct word for me..coming back to the story, is a woman's reaction so predictable??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! :) Or maybe the man's actions are? :) Just a different way of looking at it, what say?

      Delete
  4. Nice posts... Was busy with work, couldn't read these earlier... Keep working on the rest of the letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure who this is - but thank you so much! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! If you'd rather not sign in, please do leave your initials in the comment! I might enjoy a guessing game! :)