L: Dreading Day Zero



Only three days to go. Day Zero. Apr 16 2018. I scrub my hands under the flowing water. But it isn’t enough. The water flow slows to a trickle. I feel short of breath, like I might collapse. Forty seconds later, the tap runs dry. I cannot run out of water. Not now. Not when I still have twelve vessels to be filled. I have bathed thrice today but it isn’t enough. I look at the veins in my arm, throbbing hard. Jesus converted water to wine. If only I could convert blood to water, I would kill for it.

Loutrophilia is a condition, one in which individuals are obsessed with the act of bathing or washing themselves, often scrubbing themselves raw. Events like Day Zero, a day on which taps would run dry – a real threat that looms large on the horizon, could cause extreme anxiety for loutrophiles – more than that for an average human.

Pic Credit: Ujuh
This post is written as part of a 100 word microfiction series for the A2Z Blogging Challenge.
Read other posts in the A2Z 2018 Blogging Challenge here.
For the complete works of A2Z 2016 Blogging Challenge, click here

Comments

  1. For some reason this reminded me of the series Monk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have watched. But glad it reminded you of an established series! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! If you'd rather not sign in, please do leave your initials in the comment! I might enjoy a guessing game! :)