2021: Blogging A-Z Challenge: Covid Craziness: J

 

Pic Credit: Cloverfield Fandom

Juoron yoerie muelban. FALKRIF.”

The automaton reversed direction, mechanically gliding back to the cockpit. The 1200-tonne amalgamation of steel and corboroxizone, gyrated 12 degrees northward, changing direction mid-flight, re-charting their course away from Earth.

 “That was genius, Gramps,” exclaimed 7-year old Sonspoa, 83 years later.

 “We did what we had to do, champ. The virus spread. Millions passed. Lockdown was imperative. It was painful. But infra-red concentrations thinned. The only way to make ourselves invisible to the Alverki invasion.”

 “Aww, you were a hero, Gramps,” crooned a blissfully ignorant Sonspoa, unaware of the destruction history had left in its wake.

Note: This is the first time I have ever attempted something around these lines and I must say this is totally out of my comfort zone! This 100-word micro-fiction is written for the Covid Crazies 2021 Edition of the Blogging from A-Z Challenge. The entire list of 2021 posts can be accessed here.

Comments

  1. Good one, Deepa. Interesting subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one , reminds me of the science fiction movie "back to the future".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... Ditto! I just introduced the series to my kids! One of my favourite movies

      Delete
  3. Completely different from other posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Great attempt at SciFi must say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Deepa! The Vulcans would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nailed it mate..honestly I had to re-read for getting inn Time Travel...just visualized a Silhouette <!!\\==\\!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! If you'd rather not sign in, please do leave your initials in the comment! I might enjoy a guessing game! :)