2021: Blogging A-Z Challenge: Covid Craziness: S

 

Pic Credit: Indian Express

Share my screen?”

I freeze. How do I do that? Math, not computers, is my forte. I could describe logic and solve problems in my sleep. Damn. I should have let Alex teach me the workings of these conferencing tools. My heart pounds faster.

Out of the corner of my eye, I watch my 8-year-old slide towards my desk. I try to wave her away. Persistent, she skillfully locates and clicks the Share Screen button, rolls her eyes, and slithers off soundlessly. I pray that the interviewer did not catch that. On screen, I watch him break into a smile.

Note: When the pandemic struck, teachers all over had to make huge shifts to their ways of working - both physical and psychological. Not only did they have to learn a whole new world of remote teaching methods, they also had to find innovative ways to keep children involved over a screen. And that meant longer hours before and after the actual classes. This post is dedicated to the teaching fraternity - the ones that shape the world - and extended to their families for their support. This 100-word micro-fiction is written for the Covid Crazies 2021 Edition of the Blogging from A-Z Challenge. The entire list of 2021 posts can be accessed here. 

Comments

  1. Hats off to all teachers...also can connect with this post as nowadays kods are more smart than us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learnt to navigate through Teams from my kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. And of course hats off to the teachers using new tools to teach online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for rightly dedicating this post to the teaching community for their ability to adapt to novel method.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true. Teachers actually adapted and did a fab job. Gratitude.-AA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect PRO...grinning....The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of child in you..like like ::))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes totally agree. Those who continue to do the job with dedication have had to go many extra miles

    http://pagesfromjayashree.blogspot.com/2021/04/t-for-thestral.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for making me a celebrity in no time��Love the way u write!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! If you'd rather not sign in, please do leave your initials in the comment! I might enjoy a guessing game! :)